Waldram

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Bun in the Oven


It's true! The cat is out of the bag. We're pregnant and couldn't be more excited. Baby Waldram is due on Black Friday, November 25th. This happens to be one of my favorite days of the year, but it looks like I won't be doing any shopping this time around. I just hope I get to enjoy some thanksgiving leftovers before the big appearance.

I had my 12 week appointment today and the baby was moving so much! I saw it's little arms and legs moving like crazy. It's so weird that's going on in my belly and I can't even feel it! Apparently the baby is the size of a lime, about 2 inches long.

The story.......

March 23rd was one of the best days ever. The test was positive.

The day construction on our house was being wrapped up and we were moving stuff in, we found out we were preggers. It was perfect timing! We've been wanting a baby for awhile, so I was in shock when I saw the plus sign. I had to rub my eyes and pinch myself because I didn't think it was real. We had construction workers at our house, so I kindly yelled for my husband to come see me. He didn't know I had taken the test, so he was taking his time finishing up what he was doing. I finally yelled again, this time not so kindly, and he came into the room where I showed him the test. Mike teared up :) How cute.

This oven must have been preheated to 400°F and needs to be turned down a little because I started to get a pooch/belly around 10 weeks. I'm in that chubby stage where it looks like I have gained  more than a few pounds. However, I went through my first trimester without gaining a pound! My mom said she looked full term at 6 months and people would constantly ask her if she was about ready to pop, even though she had 3 months left. My sweet mother also told me that she could not find maternity clothes big enough to fit her. This isn't looking promising. I have a feeling I'm following in my mother's footsteps in yet another thing.

So far I have been SO lucky and have not been sick at all. I have my moments, but it was a very smooth 1st trimester. I managed to go through the first three months without puking once! In fact, if I ever feel nauseous, I actually sneeze. It's the weirdest thing... but I would much rather sneeze then puke. I have had food aversions (like Italian food), haven't had as much of a sweet tooth, get tired earlier at night, and have to eat more frequently. I didn't think I was moody and told my husband I was impressed with how I was doing on moodiness. Mike gave me a "are you kidding me?" look, so apparently there's been a little of that, too. As far as cravings go, that hasn't really started yet, but I do enjoy Double Deckers from Taco Bell a little more than normal.

12 weeks down and many more to go!

I had to add this. It's a little creepy and funny at the same time.

9 comments:

  1. We couldn't be more excited for you guys! You're going to have one cute little baby. We can't wait to see you next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You're going to be such a cute little momma! I can't wait to see what baby Waldram looks like, gorgeous no doubt. I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so exciting and a cute story too! Congratulations guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so fun! can't wait to hava another little baby around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!!! Congratulations! You are so lucky you weren't sick your first trimester, I was so nauseous it was unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bblack Friday, you would... Congrats again! Hurry up and find out the gender because I want to buy the little lime some clothes!! I'm sooooo happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so exciting!! ps, that is a terrifying picture and im pretty sure it will give me nightmares tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. but mostly just creepy............

    I'm really so excited for you kristin. i miss you in my life! I was really anti Steven going to podiatry school in Miami but maybe it wouldn't have been so bad after all. If only I'd known it was going to become the Gray's headquarters!

    ReplyDelete