Waldram

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Start of Renovations

Project 1: Ripping out tile

I was excited to walk in and find our tile floors almost completely ripped up. The flooring was in excellent condition. There was just one problem... the tile was white with this ugly texture. It looked like clear bacteria. Yeah... gross, I know. It was EVERYWHERE on the entire first floor. I was so excited to see it gone! By the way, I'm saving before and after pictures to post after it's all done. Here's the results of day 1 on the first floor (taken on my iphone).... The new ones are going in later this week!
Day 1

Entry

Kitchen

Family room

Office


Day 2
Entry

Dining room

Kitchen... with a toilet. Huh?

Living room

Office


And the master bathroom... last minute decision

Renovations are supposed to take about a month. I'm super anxious and cannot wait to move in! I still can't believe it is ours. I have been waiting for this for a loooong time.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! You bought a house!!! So are you moving out of Casa de Pappi's Floridian Mansion?! So excited for you! When will be building/buying hopefully soon! Almost debt free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, found your blog from Sarah's, your house looks amazing! Congrats! How fun to get to rip everything out and pick everything you want!

    ReplyDelete